Thursday 28 June 2012

I went to Rotary with Daddy

Usually every Monday night, I am home with my little sister Izzy & Mummy, as this is Daddy’s Rotary night. But this week, I was able to go along with Daddy as his club (Botany East Tamaki) were having a family night. We were all meant to go, but Izzy had a cold, so stayed home, so it was just me & Daddy. I felt so grown up, even if the youngest there. (I’m 4, just so you know).

Like all old people, they talked & talked, so President Dave asked me to call the meeting to order by hitting the gong. Very cool, as it stopped everyone talking immediately. We all then sat down & everyone that brought a guest was introduced. Daddy explained I was a 4th generation Rotarian & a 3rd generation PDG, whether I like it or not. Everyone seemed to think that was funny, but I really don’t know why. I then made them laugh when Daddy said I went to daycare & asked me what I had learned today. The obvious answer was, “spinning on my head!”

We then all had dinner & I got to go home & tell Mummy all about my night with Daddy. As Izzy is so small, she gets to go with Mummy to her morning Rotary meetings, which I used to go to, so I guess Rotary is in our blood.

Brayden Jaggs (4 years)
Son of PDG Leanne & Mike Jaggs